Western Illinois Cheerleading General Information
2013-14 Skills Video (WIUAthletics YouTube channel)
Rules and Regulations
• The Western Illinois Cheerleading Squad consists of both males and females.
• Our squad performs at all home football games and men's and women's basketball games, as well as travels to a select few away events including playoff games and conference tournament events.
• Special appearances at other athletic and community events are also required throughout the year.
• All team members must hold a 2.0 GPA and be registered as a full-time student (12 credit hours) at WIU.
• Uniform, Megaphones and Poms are provided through the Athletic Department. All equipment must be turned in (in good condition) at the end of the year or you will be charged for the items.
• When traveling for athletic events, transportation and hotel accommodations are covered by the Athletic Department. Food stipends are allotted each day.
• Personal attire such as tennis shoes, bodysuits, briefs, bows, etc. must be purchased by each individual.
• Summer Camp (UCA) cost and camp attire is the responsibility of each individual on the team. Summer Camp is mandatory for all Football Cheer Squad members. However, fundraising can assist in covering the cost of Summer Camp. All team members are expected to fundraise to help with additional expenses including new uniforms, signs as well as to help assist with travel expenses as needed. Fundraising expectations are based upon squad.
• Our team practices 3 days a week, in the evening. Times are tentative.
• Athletic Events occupy 1-3 days a week depending on the season.
• Other obligations such as fund raisers, competitions, appearances, etc. are tentative.